Fergusson Park Clubrooms
Tilby Drive, Tauranga
PO Box 6004, Tauranga, 3110, New Zealand
Director of Football
Administrator / Website Manager
022 1950 380
Age group contacts here
About the club
Otumoetai Association Football Club was incorporated in 1964. Originally based at Bellevue Park the move was made to Ferguson Park when it was created in 1975, to assist with the rapid growth of the Club.
A new Club hall and changing rooms were built from voluntary efforts and then doubled to it’s existing size in 1988 to better cope, particularly with the then growth in senior ranks. This created a complete cycle for members families - today fielding teams from five years old to veterans - many of those now “second generation”.
After two years trialing a joint effort program, 1994 saw the Albion Cricket Club formally amalgamated with the Football Club to become Otumoetai Sport and Recreation Club Inc. This gives the facilities at Ferguson park a year round usage with a stability and commitment to the future growth of the park as a community asset. Further additions to this committee have seen the Tauranga Astronomy Club and Matua Scouts sharing the expanded club rooms as their home.
Following changes at National level the Club changed it’s name to Otumoetai Football Club in 2007 though the common name of Otumoetai Soccer may take some time to lose favour.